*UPDATE – Our Souris branch location reopened Tuesday, October 12, and our Rivers branch will reopen Thursday, October 14, with regular operating hours.
Westoba Credit Union has confirmed that one employee has tested positive for COVID-19 in the Souris and Rivers District. We first learned of this employee’s positive test the morning of October 6th. Effective immediately, our Souris and Rivers branches are temporarily closed while we have both branches thoroughly sanitized and follow the Manitoba Health Links protocols.
The affected individual is now self-isolating following the health authority’s instructions. Our thoughts are with this individual, and we wish them a quick recovery.
Our employees, members, and communities’ health and safety is our top priority, and we have taken steps to increase safety precautions, including enhanced cleaning protocols in all Westoba locations. All branches and staff continue to practice the Manitoba Government’s safety protocols by wearing a mask, following proper handwashing protocol, and physical distancing.
Upcoming appointments in the affected branches will be cancelled and members will be contacted by our Virtual Services team shortly.
Members are encouraged to bank digitally through the WestobaGO mobile app or online banking, and please do not come into a branch if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Our Virtual Services Team can help you over the phone with your banking needs at 1-877-WESTOBA.
We appreciate your understanding during these times and want to thank you for being resilient and adaptable in the way you’re banking. We’re in this together.
- It’s been advised to self-monitor for symptoms. If symptoms develop, you should self-isolate and use the online screening tool or call Health Links for information on testing (204-788-8200 OR 1-888-315-9257)
- You must stay home if you’re experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (such as cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, breathing difficulties)
- We suggest members review screening information in the provincial self-screening tool before leaving their home (https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/)
We encourage members to think digital first! With our WestobaGO Mobile App and online banking, you can bank fast and securely wherever and whenever it suits you. You can check balances and account history, send money with Interac e-Transfer®, make bill payments, and deposit cheques. If you’re not set up with access to your accounts online, it’s something our Virtual Services Team can set you up with over the phone at 1-877-WESTOBA (937-8622).
Our Virtual Services Team are also able to help complete banking transactions over the phone at 1-877-WESTOBA. Virtual Services are available Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM, and Saturdays 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
We also offer virtual video banking appointments. If you are making a meeting with your Financial Consultant, Mobile Mortgage Specialist, Financial Planner or anyone on the Westoba Team, request for it to be a virtual “face to face” by using Microsoft Teams.
The health and safety of our communities is our priority. We are taking extensive measures to ensure visitors at our branches are met with a high standard of sanitation. In an effort to protect both our members and staff we have:
- Increased the frequency of cleanings
- Social distancing in our branches
- Hand sanitizer stations set up at each branch
- Installed clear plexiglass barriers
- Mandatory mask policy to our branches
- Continuing to encourage members to bank digitally, and not to come into a branch if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
Our Virtual Services Team will be reaching out to reschedule any appointments that are booked. You can also reach out to them at 1-877-WESTOBA to reschedule.