Westoba Credit Union has confirmed that one employee has tested positive for COVID-19 in Winnipeg. We first learned of this employee’s positive test on the morning of November 10th, 2020. We are following the guidelines and protocols set out by Manitoba Health. The positive tested employee was last at the 3365 Portage Avenue branch on November 3rd, 2020 and 1890 Pembina Hwy branch on November 6th, 2020.
The affected individual, along with any employees who were identified as having close contact with the employee, are now self-isolating following instructions of the health authority. For privacy reasons, we will not be releasing the employee’s name. Our thoughts are with this individual and we wish them a quick recovery.
Currently, we are coordinating cleaning crews to sanitize the 1890 Pembina Hwy and 3365 Portage Avenue locations. These Westoba branches will be temporarily closed while our staff are following Manitoba Health Links protocols.
Protecting our employees, members, and communities is our number one priority. We have increased safety precautions, including enhanced cleaning protocols in all Westoba locations. We closely follow hygiene guidelines including mandatory masks, social distancing guidelines, clear plexiglass barriers, limited foot traffic, and frequent breaks to sanitize or wash hands. Our Incident Response Team continues to monitor developments within our communities and responds accordingly to maintain the safety and well-being of our employees and members.
Members are encouraged to bank digitally whenever possible and please do not come into a branch if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. We have increased the number of people on our Virtual Services Team who can help you with your banking needs without having to set foot in the branch.
We appreciate your understanding during these times and want to thank you for being resilient and adaptable in the way you’re banking. We promise to keep you up to date on important information. For all current COVID-19 updates from Westoba, please visit https://westobacu.com/all-covid-19-communications/, follow us on social media, or watch your email inbox.
Please be safe and continue to protect yourself and your families. We‘re in this together.
- It’s been advised to self-monitor for symptoms. If symptoms develop, you should self-isolate and use the online screening tool or call Health Links for information on testing (204-788-8200 OR 1-888-315-9257)
- You must stay home if you’re experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (such as cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, breathing difficulties)
- We suggest members review screening information in the provincial self-screening tool before leaving their home (https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/)
We encourage members to think digital first! With our WestobaGO Mobile App and online banking, you can bank fast and securely wherever and whenever it suits you. You can check balances and account history, send money with Interac e-Transfer®, make bill payments, and deposit cheques. If you’re not set up with access to your accounts online, it’s something our Virtual Services Team can set you up with over the phone at 1-877-WESTOBA (937-8622).
Our Virtual Services Team are also able to help complete banking transactions over the phone at 1-877-WESTOBA. Virtual Services are available Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM, and Saturdays 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
We also offer virtual video banking appointments. If you are making a meeting with your Financial Consultant, Mobile Mortgage Specialist, Financial Planner or anyone on the Westoba Team, request for it to be a virtual “face to face” by using Microsoft Teams.
Our ATM and night deposits at the Winnipeg branches are temporarily closed until the branches have re-opened.
The health and safety of our communities is our priority. We are taking extensive measures to ensure visitors at our branches are met with a high standard of sanitation. In an effort to protect both our members and staff we:
- Increased the frequency of cleanings
- Implemented social distancing in our branches
- Offer hand sanitizer before and after every transaction
- Installed clear plexiglass barriers
- Proactively introduced a mandatory mask policy to our branches
- Introduced front door monitors to limit foot traffic (Door monitor usage is based on individual branch needs)
- Continue to encourage members to bank digitally, and not to come into a branch if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
Our Virtual Services Team will be reaching out to reschedule any appointments that are booked. You can also reach out to them at 1-877-WESTOBA to reschedule.