COVID-19 Update – We’re here to help.
We understand the growing concern surrounding the COVID-19 virus across our communities and our hearts go out to all those who are impacted. We want to reassure you; Westoba is here to support our members and employees and will continue to offer safe banking options during this time. Everyone’s health and safety is our priority as we continue to monitor the situation.
We are taking important steps to keep our members and employees safe. Our team is watching updates from the World Health Organization and the Public Health Agency of Canada to ensure our actions are aligned with the most up to date information. We have plans in place to ensure you continue to have an uninterrupted banking experience:
- Mobile App/Online Banking – you can bank fast and securely wherever and whenever suits you. You can check balances and account history, send money with Interac e-Transfer®, make bill payments, and deposit cheques. If you’re not set up with access to your accounts online, it’s something our Virtual Services Team can set you up with over the phone at 1-877-WESTOBA (937-8622). This is the safest way for you to bank during the COVID-19 outbreak to avoid contact with the public.
- Call us locally – our Virtual Services Team is available from Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm and Saturdays 8:00am – 4:00pm. We can help you with everything from starting your mortgage application to getting a credit card to paying bills online; all by calling 1-877-WESTOBA (937-8622). Click here to learn more about how our team can help you!
- Visit a branch – our branch teams are taking additional steps to keep our spaces safe for our members and employees. If you need to visit a branch, we will provide hand sanitizer when completing transactions.Our teams throughout the organization are practicing social distancing, so employees are spread out throughout the branches, departments and when possible working from home.
- Continue to bank securely – a reminder to continue to practice safe banking and protect your personal and financial information. Click here to familiarize yourself with tips on safe banking.
- Stay connected – we are monitoring the situation and evaluating as new information becomes available about COVID-19. We will continue to share updates at westoba.com and on our social channels and remain committed to our members safety and best interests.
- We’re here to help – any members who are experiencing financial stress during this time, please reach out. We recognize the uniqueness of this situation and want to make sure we are doing everything we can to make sure you’re financially safe and sound. Please call 1-877-WESTOBA (937-8622).
Frequently Asked Questions:
The health and safety of our communities is our priority. We are taking extensive measures to ensure visitors at our branches are met with a high standard of sanitation. In effort to protect both our members and staff we are:
- Increasing the frequency of cleanings.
- Following the advice of health authorities and implementing their recommended practices.
- Offering hand sanitizer at the end of every transaction.
- Practicing social distancing by spreading our staff out in branches and departments to maintain the physical distance recommended by health organizations at this time and supporting them to work from home when possible.
We are supporting our community, and those who are self-isolating by offering options to meet your needs:
- Our WestobaGO app is available on iPhone and Android devices and allows you to bank remotely. You can check balances and account history, send money with Interac e-Transfer®, make bill payments, and deposit cheques.
- Our Online Banking offers the ability to check balances and account history; send money with Interac e-Transfer®, and make bill payments.
- Our Virtual Services team is available at 1-877-WESTOBA (937-8622) and they can assist you Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm and Saturdays 8:00am – 4:00pm.
Virtual Service is open Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm and Saturdays 8:00am – 4:00pm. Our team is here to help our members bank uninterrupted during this time. Virtual Services offers:
- Stop payments
- ATM and bill payment traces
- ATM and branch locator
- Cheque orders
- Product and service knowledge
- Investment purchases
- Investment renewals
- Setting up online banking
- Resetting passwords and security questions for online banking
- Discussing security options and features
- Helping in setup of our Direct Alerts security feature
- Opening non-registered investment accounts
- Answering any questions or concerns about your online banking
- Help to fill out and complete credit card applications over the phone
- Pay bills, transfer funds, or exchange US dollars
- Personal Loan and Line of Credit applications
- General banking questions
- Overdraft applications
- Updating personal information
Based on current guidance and our own standard practices, most of our branches remain open for business and are here to serve you. We will continue to monitor and assess the steps we need to take to ensure the best interests of our communities by following the recommendations of the World Health Organization and the Public Health Agency of Canada. We want to remain transparent and will provide updates to our members as the situation changes and evolves.
We understand that right now there is a lot of uncertainty. We want to reassure you that the Westoba team is here for your financial well-being.
If you have concerns, please contact your financial planner or financial consultant who will talk to you about options. Or give our Virtual Services team a call at 1-877-WESTOBA (937-8622).