Westoba is celebrating the 2021 #InternationalCreditUnionDay theme of “Building financial health for a brighter tomorrow.’ TM by giving back to our communities! Each of our branches chose a local non-profit organization of their choice to receive a $100 donation. Check out the video for how these donations are supporting these organizations to help build a healthier community.
The following organizations have been selected by our branches to each receive this $100 donation:
- 18th & Kirkcaldy – Westman Dreams For Kids
- 1st Street – YWCA Westman Women’s Shelter
- 34th Street – Bear Clan Patrol Inc.
- Souris – Souris and District Harvest Food Bank
- Rivers – Riverdale Harvest Food Bank
- Swan Lake – Swan Lake & Area Lions Club
- La Riviere – La Riviere Lodge Inc
- Pilot Mound – Pilot Mound Swimming Pool
- Killarney – Killarney Food Bank
- Cartwright – Senior Services of Cartwright Mather Roblin Inc.
- Ninette – Pelican Lake Healthy Water & Fish Committee
- The Pas – Aurora House
- Winnipeg Pembina – Manitoba Possible
- Winnipeg Portage – Aboriginal Crisis Shelter Winnipeg
- Carberry – Communities in Bloom
- Glenboro – Glenboro Cat Rescue Centre
- Corporate Office – Brandon Literacy Council
We hosted a giveaway on our Facebook, Instagram and website for the chance to win a $250 donation to the non-profit organization of the winners’ choosing! Both deserving organizations were nominated by community members on our social media and website giveaway posts by answering the question, “How do credit unions make a difference in your community?” Congratulations to the winners:
- Prairie Crocus Regional Library
- The Pas Helping Hands 4H Club